An empath is someone who feels what other people are feeling. It means you're born with the ability to enter someone else's aura to explore their feelings and experience of life on an intimate level, which is often done unconsciously. It is a gift that supports your ability to keenly relate with others and is also an intuitive gift to ascertain what is happening with another person. Empaths are typically deeply spiritual people who experience Oneness on a regular basis giving them greater awareness and understanding about Life. There are a few challenges that are unique to empaths that can be smoothed away with awareness:
1. Feeling overwhelmed with the state of the world.
2. Feeling distress while watching the news because you literally feel the pain of others' suffering.
3. Difficulty in being fully aware of your own feelings when conversing with others because you naturally busy exploring their aura deciphering how they're feeling.
4. Shyness as you have an acute awareness of how your words and energy affect others.
5. People pleasing. You rarely decline others requests saying reflexive "yes's" without deciding if you really want to or not because you naturally respond to another's needs before your own due to sincere caring for others' needs.
6. Needing to explore your own feelings and needs without interference from anyone else's energy.
7. Feeling a deep connection with nature and animals.
8. Feeling an instinctive responsibility for how other people feel and doing whatever you can to help them feel good.
9. A tendency to move into relationships quickly and deeply.
10. Taking on a counselor role in friendships or relationships where people reveal their deepest emotions and feelings whereby you feel drained afterwards.
11. A tendency to forget to lighten up and have fun in life. This often means you've accumulated residual energy from others and your environment in your auric field.
Finding peace as an Empath
A simple technique to strengthen your own energy field is to say this quick prayer to balance and harmonize your field: "By the power of God that I AM, I call on Creator God to cleanse, clear and remove all energies that are not mine, thereby leaving me refreshed, invigorated and aligned with all that is holy, Divine, and invigorating. Thank you."