Intuition is such a wonderful gift that Divine Consciousness has bestowed to everyone. It's a special gift that gives you the opportunity and the ability to tune into the energy of the world to understand it. Because it's outside of the five primary senses many of have to sit in meditation or silence to listen to the whispers of their heart. Many remember having easy access to their intuition as a child and then something, somewhere along their development happened when they either shut it down, or simply forgot to stay in touch with it. You were born with this gift and you still have it in you. The spiritual gifts that you were born with cannot ever be taken away from you. You just may have to be a bit more proactive about reconnecting with them now. In order to access it "at will" you'll have to practice connecting with them and using them. This will allow you to access them whenever you want.
To begin working with your "clair" abilities - whether it's hearing, seeing, knowing or sensing the intuitive information that you seek you'll want to practice. Some techniques for strengthening your intuition are:
1. Write down a question you have.
2. Find a quiet place to just BE, either inside or outside.
3. Listen to some relaxing music as sound therapy helps your physical body relax.
4. Close your eyes.
5. Focus on your crown chakra (your divine connection). One way to open your crown chakra is to imagine a large golden sphere about 3 feet above the top of your head. This sphere connects to the Divine Consciousness of Love and God.
6. Next, focus on your base chakra, or first chakra, imagining roots coming from your base chakra and out the bottoms of your feet that connect with the center of the Earth.
7. Connecting with Spirit through your crown chakra and connecting with the Earth with your base chakra will help you remain simultaneously connected with the Spirit realm and the Earth realm keeping you in balance and harmony with both. In order to practice your intuitive skills you have to be balanced - grounded on this plane, and connected with the spirit realm.
8. After you feel completely connected to both the spirit realm and Earth sit in silence for at least 15 minutes. During this process your mind is going to race and you will become distracted, especially if you're not used to practicing centering yourself: you'll think about all of the things you seemingly "have" to do. But, seriously, what better priority do you have than to strengthen your own connection with yourself and the Divinity of the world around you, and your own intuition?
9. Next, ask your question....wait....and see what answer you receive. Spirit communicates in symbolic language that only you understand. Spirit speaks YOUR language. So if you're a musician, you'll receive songs; if you're visual you'll receive pictures; if you're literal you'll receive words. Spirit loves using symbols because symbols communicate so much more than just words. Watch for a symbol - it can be anything - animals, plants, people, celebrities, shapes, etc. Communicating with Spirit is limitless.
If you think you'll forget what you see, hear, or experience, then keep a pencil and paper handy so you can jot down any intuitive messages or symbols you receive. While still remaining in "silent mode," and after receiving your message, keep your eyes closed for a few more minutes. This will help you become accustomed to the vibration of the energy you've just connected with so that you'll remember what it feels like the next time. Finally, open your eyes. Look around you, take a deep connecting breath and move forward with your day or evening.